Nursing Home Compare Quarterly Refresh with
SNF QRP Data Now Available
CMS announced that the January 2019 Nursing Home Compare Refresh, including quality measures results based on SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) data submitted to CMS as required by the IMPACT Act, is now available.
What you need to know
The updated SNF quality measure results are based on data submitted to CMS between:
- Quarter 2 – 2017 to Quarter 1 – 2018 data
- Application of Percent of Residents Experiencing One or More Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay)
- Percent of Residents or Patients with Pressure Ulcers That Are New or Worsened (Short Stay)
- Application of Percent of Long-Term Care Hospital Patients with an Admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan That Addresses Function
- Quarter 4 – 2016 to Quarter 3 – 2017 data
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary – Post-Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility Measure
- Discharge to Community – Post-Acute Care (PAC) Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP)
As a reminder, CMS announced in October 2018 that it will not publish the 6th previously posted quality measure, Potentially Preventable 30-Day Post-Discharge Readmissions, at this time.
According to CMS, additional time will allow for more testing to determine if modifications to the measure and method of displaying it are needed. This additional testing will ensure that the future publicly reported measure is thoroughly evaluated so Nursing Home Compare users have an accurate picture of provider quality. While CMS conducts this additional testing, the agency will not post reportable data for this measure, including each SNF’s performance, as well as the national rate. To view the updated quality data, please visit the Nursing Home Compare website.